Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Weebly Update


I mentioned Weebly, a free website host a while ago and have been meaning to post an update.
I'd nearly given up on it because it wasn't sitting right but today it finally came together, strange how these things happen.

Wintec's Spark International Arts Festival was on in Hamilton last week so I went to a few talks and events.
I loved working there as a PR intern last year as there was a never-ending buffet of goodies on offer, so to speak.

This year was no different but restricted myself to three events, which is a feat in itself.
I saw Helen Baxter- who writes the MsBehaviour files on The Big Idea website - all about utilising new media tools. Not surprising that her talk was about 'How-to-become-a-new-media-mogul'.
It was great, we know there is a world of possibilities out there, but its still inspiring to hear all about it.

A key point was the creation and maintenance of an online identity. I think the difficulty is keeping that identity cohesive. I've been alternating between citydweller1 and my full name for some time, but I'm trying to pull them together on all these social networking sites.

That's what is quite good about Weebly, you can start to pool your flickr pics, youtube videos and twitter in one place at least. My options are limited on a free account, but its still an actual site not just a blog.

Back to my progress report- still not published but oh so close!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin